Thursday, February 5, 2015

Pre-Mommy Reflections

I got the day off today!  For the longest time I have desired to write on here, but time and efforts have failed me as my priorities seem to have changed a lot since I got married.  I have missed the chances to write.  


Also, a dear friend was chatting with me this morning and he said he missed my posts.  That encouraged me more to post today, and hopefully find a time to make this a habit again.  Thanks Carl!  I'm glad God used my words to touch you in the past!  

For those of you that haven't noticed, I'm TERRIBLE at social media.  Partially because I choose to not spread my life story all over Facebook...but I think I overlooked a major event in my life that I have failed to share with friends and family that aren't so close to me.  Just recently I've announced over social media that my husband Harold and I are expecting our first child come beginning of May (or end of April, depending on how anxious the little one is to meet everyone!)  We are both anxious to meet her, but I have to admit...I wasn't at first.  


I had my own plans: be married and enjoy life with just Harold for at least a year...the longer the better.  Kids could wait.  I didn't want to be a mom yet, and I didn't want to share my time with anyone else other than Harold when I married him.  God had other plans.  3 months later, we got our amazing news that God was blessing us with our first.  I was not excited.  I felt like a toddler that would throw herself down on the floor and pitch the biggest fit in front of my Heavenly Father.  I knew there was nothing I could do, and God was going to give me a child whether I liked it or not.  To be where I am now is truly an act of God's work on my heart, to soften it and show me the blessings of what was coming my way.  He really gave me peace beyond measure and a heart that not only accepts this sudden turn in life, but one that wants to embrace her in my arms and love her til the day I die.  


Honestly, God has opened my eyes to a new perspective of life throughout this pregnancy.  Right now I can feel this little girl (or boy) kicking around and moving.  She likes to tell Daddy that she's listening when he talks to her.  (or she's saying "give me more room Daddy it's cramped in here!)  When I exercise, she likes to move with me occasionally.  When I worship and am sitting in my young adult group at church, I can really tell that she's there.  I pray that God is already planting in her heart a desire for Him as she is hearing the worship and discussions around us.  


What I'm most intrigued with, is the fact that she will know my voice above all else, because whenever I speak, she hears me.  When I sing, she knows I'm there. I can't sing to her yet.  I've tried, and it only comes out with tears because I'm so overwhelmed.  I've loved to the point of tears, but not this much for one person.  (yes, she is a person).  This little one is special.  She is mine.  She is being formed in my womb, fearfully and wonderfully made inside of me.  (I can't help but tear up even now)  The chapters of her life are already written.  I can trust she is in Good hands.  Not mine, but God's  
How easy it is to see the intricate design of God at this moment.  To look at an ultrasound and see those little feet kicking.  Those feet were once yours and mine.  We were once that small in our mother's womb, and we were considered cherished to the point of tears as well.  That never changed.  We still are that cherished.  Our parents should never stop loving us, but how much more will love lavish us from our Heavenly Father!  We know that love endures forever.  How He made you was never a mistake.  He spent 9 months (roughly) putting you together, giving you nourishment from your Mom, preparing you for life outside.  He took His time forming each cell in the right place.  He picked which features you were going to get from either parent and put them together at a special point in time to create you as you are now.  Whether your parents tried or not, God made you and put everything together so you would be here today.  


We grow up and take for granted how God still delights in us.  We don't grow out of that stage.  If you know Jesus as your Savior, you are a cherished child of God.  God desires for none of us to perish, but as a just God, He cannot have sin in His presence.  Out of love and justice, He sent Jesus to die for you so that you can be His treasured possession in His presence someday.  If you don't know Jesus and haven't asked Jesus to change your life, I urge you to do so.  My prayers for my little child are that she (he) will be transformed at a young age and have a heart to seek after God.  My prayers for you are the same.  
There is so much more I could write, but I'd better let my heart rest with that.  
I love you all.  



No comments:

Post a Comment