Thursday, May 24, 2012

God's Will

I said that I would wait until I finished my recent reading to blog about it, but I really can't.  I feel that this hurdle was such a huge one for me to jump that I really need to share this with everyone (there goes Kat's passion again...watch out world!) 

I want to tell you all what God's will for your life is.  Yes, I know what it is.  And guess what...it has everything to do with where you will work, where you will live, and yes...even who you will marry.  Trust me, this is huge. 

I will give you four points explaining God's will for us. 
1) That we live holy, set-apart lives  (I Thess. 4:3)
2) That we always rejoice, pray, and give thanks (I Thess. 5:16-18)
3) That we are to bear fruit and know Him better (Col. 1:9-12)
4) That we are filled with the Holy Spirit (Eph. 5:17)

There you have it!  God's will.  

"But what does this have to do with your points above about who I will marry and where I should live?" 

Well I'm glad you asked!  It has nothing to do with those questions, but it has everything to do with it as well.  You see, God doesn't care about the details of our choices as much as He does about us as His children.  If you look up those verses, can you see that all those points are focused on us rather than the world?  God's will is reflective most in us, rather than where we are.  To quote my book, "God's will consists of living a sober life, living in the power of the Holy Spirit, and offering praise & gratitude to God for His goodness." 

There is no divine message needed.  God's will means "we bear fruit, grow in understanding of God, are strengthened with power unto patience, and joyfully give thanks to the Father."  It doesn't matter so much what I do, where I live, who I marry...as long as I am becoming more like Christ through everything I am doing.  If I choose to stay in Waverly IA all my life, I better do it to become holy.  If I marry a man around here, I better marry him to become more holy.  If I work at Western Home forever and ever, I better be doing it so I can become more holy.  The Father wants us to be like His Son.  So, I don't take this as I can do anything I want...but I feel that any choice I make has to reflect these aspects.  If not, it's not God's will. 

Because really, is little me going to ruin the master gameplan of our Creator?  Am I great enough to make a "wrong choice?"  Not at all!  My fear has held me back from making the "right" choices.  From loving my neighbor unconditionally.  From living my dreams while I am in my gift of singleness.  From taking a chance in life!  God will close doors, because I've seen Him do it quick. 

So friends, please pick up and read Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung.  It is a book I needed to read, and even if you think you've got God's will all figured out, you don't.  I don't...but I understand it much better than I did before. 

The big question I reflect on is toward my single friends...especially you guys out there.  We want "the right girl" or "the right guy."  Some of you are waiting for that magic feeling that says "That's her."  You may not get it...or worse yet...you do and you talk yourself out of it.  Guys, you're the ones we want to lead us closer to Christ.  You're the ones we want to stand under and support.  At least for me now, I want my man to take the first step because if I do, I'm pulling the reigns in the relationship.  We really want you to.  You gotta take a chance...please. 

I long for everyone to feel deep intimate love that will last.  No divorce, no more affairs, no more prostitution.  What man and woman should be should reflect Christ and us...

So guys, Christ pursued us.  Christ did not sit back, he gave up everything for us.  He wasn't held back.  He wasn't afraid.  He didn't hesitate.  He trusted His Father.  We are waiting for strong and brave men to pursue us.  If you are waiting for a "feeling" or because of a "feeling," stop it.  I don't want a boy...I want a man of God.  If you see a girl that you can see yourself being more holy with, what is holding you back?   God's will includes your continuous change to be more like Christ.  If you see a woman before you to fulfill this will, GO FOR IT!  What is so wrong about that?  Sorry for my urgency, but I really want you all to be blessed...not just myself.  If fear or uncertainty is holding you back...please shake it.  For your own blessings to come...shake it men.  If this wakes up my husband, then so be it.  If not, that's okay too.  If it wakes up someone, then I will feel blessed to have been used in that manner. 

"He's calling you, please answer.  He's pulling you, please move.  Jesus wants you to take this chance.  I know you'll be great at what He calls you to do."  -from "He's Calling You" by Me.

"Until that day, until you're heart can see that you and I were planned to be...here I'll wait.  Here I'll wait, for you."   -from "Here I Wait" by Me.

I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment