Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mime Prayer

I've gone through more of John 17, and the last few nights I have come across a few verses that I want to share.  It has given me not only a way to pray, but it is perfect timing for how I can pray for my friends who are giving their time and energy for a production that my church is putting on for Easter.

Jesus shares an attitude in his prayer for his followers that I want to have developed more in me, and I want to focus especially on those that are sharing in the ministry of our church mime production.  I love all of you and wanted you to know I was praying for each of you individually and a whole.

14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.

 Jesus has given us a great opportunity to present his Truth.  He has for years, and this year isn't any different.  Jesus prayed to not take us from this world, but to protect us from the evil one.  I pray that my focus isn't to be so quick to leave this sinful place, but to be protected from the evil one while I am still among temptation and trials.  We are still here, may our thoughts and prayers be more on the fight now rather than fleeing to our final destination with Jesus.  We don't fight alone, but when we are called to fight let's stand our ground knowing who is on our side.  We are still here on earth...let's give it everything while we are still called to do so.  

Jesus has won, and he is on our side.  He prayed for us to be filled with truth, and he says "your word is truth."  Be in the Bible.  Study, spend time with God.  Pray continuously.  Spend time with each other and encourage each other.  Seek the good in everything.  This is truly what Jesus wanted of our lives, because this is what he prayed for us before the cross.  Jesus has given us what we need, and we know that not everyone will accept that in us...and that's okay.  We are sent by God into the world, and Jesus is praying for us.  We should be praying for each other in this same manner.  

I wanted you to know that I am praying for you all like this.  We are not of the world, but called to spread the word in it.  We need to pray for protection from the evil one while we are still here.  Be in the word...I pray you find delight in it as you dig more into the characters you will be portraying to the community.  

You guys are all great, and I am so thankful for the encouragement you are to me.  Sorry this post is more seclusive to a group of people, but I really wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate you and want you to be encouraged through the words of Jesus.  

I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment