Wednesday, February 9, 2011

God's Art

So...I am a HUGE sap for nature.   I love staring up in the sky and taking pictures of weather.  Almost every night that there is a clear sky, I am probably staring up...even though I see it very often.  I can walk away from a busy crowd and party to stare up at the vastness that is our universe.  The reason that this is the way it is for me is because I think God is probably the greatest artist we will ever know.  Honestly...we see wonderful works by people that took them days, months, maybe even years.  God made ALL of this in 6 days.  I am forever in awe at the stars in the sky, the fullness of trees in spring, the sound of calm rushing waters...because it was truly a work of art made in less than a week.  I can always praise God for His creativity and find peace in this. 

I heard the following song on the radio one day, and thought "These people are after my own heart!!"  If I could pick one song (trust me, it's hard to pick one), this would be the one to show what I am doing in my heart when I'm in the presence of the greatest masterpiece ever known to man. 

My challenge...take a walk in God's art museum.  Find a place away from the hustle and bustle of your life, when the moon is shining bright and the stars are crystal clear.  Sit there and just look at how God works his paint brush.  Listen to the song behind it all.  God is an artist among everything else.  See if you can comprehend just how artistic He is in your life. 

Sing Along-Sixteen Cities

When I look into the painted sky
I see so many colors
They're all a part of your design
It's such a brilliant display

Chorus:
I love the way the stars shine for you
And every single mountain bows down
I love the way the universe is singing your song
So I'll try to sing along

Looking up into the dark blue night
I'm in awe of your power
The way the moon pulls the ocean's tide
You are never contained

No comments:

Post a Comment