Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So Thankful

I will keep this post short because I am tired and want to get to sleep soon...but I wanted to share some amazing happenings in my life that God has TRULY blessed me with!

First, my brother comes home this weekend!!  My parents are flying out to Cali. to see his graduation from basic training...and then my strong, marine baby brother is going to be home and I get to see him! 

Second, I am all moved in to my new place.  I still have some cleaning and finalizing to do with my past landlord, but I am all situated and moved in!  And it's amazing!!  So wonderful!  My roommate is great, the place is very homey for my taste, and I am blessed to have a better environment to host more gatherings and hangouts!  God has truly led me to this. 

Third, my dear friend has moved from the hospice house, and is now residing in a building that's part of the facility I work in...not only do I work in this building, but it's also my floor!  God has given us the chance to see each other every day while I'm working, and for me to keep up with how she is doing as part of my job!!  Praise God!! 

When I think about these things, nothing about my life can bring me down.  I have my scares, but the big picture is that God is taking care of me and my loved ones around me.  God is using me to say the right words to my friends, and He is urging me to use my energy to accomplish great things.  God has given me opportunities to encourage and lift others up...I have a dear friend whom asked for my prayers...and I brought him with me to Feed My Starving Children.  He is seeking guidance for his life now through God...and I am so glad to be part of that process for him.  I want to be there.  I want to be used.  God loves him so much, and I want him to know just how much. 

Everyone reading this...life gets you down and things will happen.  But God has given you more positives than you may realize.  Reflect on the good around you, and let the bad things fade.  "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable...if anything is excellent and praiseworthy, think about such things."  Philippians 4:8. 

We have so much to be thankful for.  What things has God done for you that you need to give thanks for?  Think about such things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment