Monday, June 13, 2011

Glimpses of Today's Letter To God

Dear God,
My strength is in you alone.  I bear fruit only because your vine is nourishing.  I will be challenged, I will be pushed, I will be beaten.  But you love me and won't let anything happen to me that isn't going to make me stronger or make your plan reach it's goal in my life.  Thank you Jesus.

Thank you for the chances to make money.  Thank you for my roommate's ability to write her stories and express her creativity.  Thank you for making it evident that I needed to be at Duos, despite my attempts to react to physical discomfort. 

Jesus, cast Satan away from me.  I am better than this.  I am worth more than this.  I am supposed to tough it out tonight.  Thank you for this challenge.  I will be stronger for this. 

You are so amazing God.  I am so thankful that I could be part of your awesome plan.  I am so thankful that your love endures forever.  I need your grace, thank you for providing for me.

I know you can more mountains, wipe out cities, take away life, create chaos, and stabilize the universe.  You do that in my heart.  You build mountains for me to climb, wipe out peer groups I don't need, take away things I base my life on, bring chaos and discomfort in my routine, and stabilize that chaos.  You make it worth the chaos.  You fought for me, and you have all of me.  Know, God, that I love you so much...but I still struggle.  In my struggles and your answers, I want to bring glory to your name.  Without you, I can't do anything. 

Your weak yet thankful daughter,
Kat

(Daily Bread Verse Today) 
Matthew 6:19-21
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and decay destroy, and thieves break in and steal.  But store up treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor decay destroys, nor thieves break in and steal.  for where your treasure is, there also will your heart be." 

No comments:

Post a Comment