Thursday, November 24, 2011

What am I truly Thankful for?

I celebrated Thanksgiving at my aunt and uncle's in Ida Grove today.  All the guys went downstairs to watch football on my uncle's projection TV in his "man cave" while us ladies stayed upstairs and shared fun coffee ideas...then we experimented.  My aunt has a mini version of an espresso machine with steaming wand.  I had made some whip cream that was intended to be put on the dessert...but it didn't go there! 

We made so many concoctions with my almond-flavored whipped cream on top...and it was amazing!  Such a good time!  We sat down with our drinks and watched a movie or two until the guys came up from their game. 

I will admit, there were times when I dreaded family times because I felt like my life was so far from theirs...I felt like I couldn't connect or that I was just there to be there...I wasn't part of anything.  I see a huge difference in my relations with everyone as this last year progressed...which encourages me that what happened last year was a God thing.  I see blessings in my healed relationships in my family. 

At one point, I looked outside and saw a beautiful sunset progressing...I was so blessed.  I felt so blessed to be here.  God deserves the praise in everything I have.  He deserves the praise in everything that I will be going through.  He deserves the praise with my life in general. 

In this time of thanksgiving, I hope to be even closer to God...I hope to be quieting my life so I can hear Him speak more to me.  I hope to be obedient and reflect the woman in Proverbs 31.  I want to be hard-working.  I want to be intelligent in my choices.  I want to fear God above all else and not care what my appearance should be based on social standards. 


Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for everything you give me.  Thank you for a family who is so willing to help me, thank you for the privilege that I have to be your daughter.  Thank you for using me.  I couldn't do anything alone, and I need you to be the air I breathe.  I need you to be my lover, and I your beloved.  I need you to be my Father.  I need you to be my King.  Thank you for hearing my prayers Lord.  Help me remember to be humbled in my low position compared to you and not to command you to do anything.  Who am I to tell the Creator what to do?   I don't even deserve to come before your very presence...but thanks for making that possible through your Son, Jesus Christ.  It is through His name that great and amazing things happens before us today.  It is through His name that we receive power through your Holy Spirit.  It is through His name that hearts are changed and relationships begin.  It is through His name and obedience to your will that we have a home in Heaven waiting for us.  Thank you. 

If the grace of God doesn't make you feel thankful this holiday season, shouldn't you be asking yourself why that's the case?  Why isn't that in your hearts?  God is real.  His presence is real.  His Word is true, and His intervention in our lives is no joke or hallucination...or even coincidence.  If you don't believe me, ask Him to show Himself in all His glory in your lives.  God won't hesitate...He wants to know you and if you are seeking Him with all your heart...He will meet you there. 

So ask Him...I dare you.  Ask Him to do the impossible.  Ask Him to show His glory so you may grow stronger in your faith with Him.  Seeing isn't always believing...sometimes you need to believe it before you see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment