Tuesday, December 13, 2011

24 Years

24 years ago, my mother was delivering her 3rd child. 
I was at that point, known to the world as Katherine Elizabeth Bell. 

Before that, I was an idea.  I was a fetus, a no name.  No one knew what I would become.  My parents had dreams and ideas, but they really didn't know what life that little baby was going to hold.  They didn't know where that precious girl was going to end up, where she was going to travel to. 

24 years later, that girl sits at her computer in Waverly IA with a heart that has been completely changed.  She is no longer a girl, but a woman.  A woman dedicated to letting her life go.  A woman that reflects on where she's been, but is very excited and oblivious to where she is going to be a year from now.  Who would have thought 24 years ago that precious baby girl would turn into the woman she is today?  Who knew this in advance? 

Only the One who made her perfect in His sight.  The only one who made her pure again because of His Son.  She's not perfect...the potter is continuously molding this piece of clay.  There are still some rough spots to soften and smooth out.  He keeps working on them.  This clay jar becomes more beautiful and usable each passing year.

Thank you God for blessing me with 24 years of life.  Thank you for the memories and experiences in those 24 years to make me the woman I am today.  If it weren't for you, I don't know where I would be...but it wouldn't be here.  I will continually live my future years for your glory as best as I can.  I don't know what the future holds, but I know that you knew my plans before I was born.  I trust you, and am excited to see what this coming year unfolds for my 24th year of life. 

I love you Father.  Thanks for letting your daughter live a life that's indescribable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment