Saturday, December 10, 2011

Filthy Rags

Tonight while I was sitting and reading Crazy Love by Fancis Chan, I came across a new perspective. 

(I will be slightly graphic, so if you are uncomfortable with graphic discussion I advice you to keep reading because it's an accurate realization.  I am not ashamed to say it this way) 

Isaiah 64:6 reads "All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away." 

...all our righteous acts are like filthy rags...nothing we do can cover up the filth that is sin in our lives. 

I have had friends come up to me and argue "I just can't believe a God would be loving enough to send a good person to Hell."  Who are we to make that judgment call?  As God tells Job throughout the last few chapters of his book...we don't even measure up to that position of authority. 

"As it is written: 'There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God.  All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.'" Romans 3:10-12
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

We are all filthy.  Just how filthy?? 

Francis compared "filthy rags" to menstral garments...tampons or pads in our time today. 

Let me ask you something...(ladies mostly, but guys pay attention)...would you use a tampon if it had even a speck of menstral on it?  Of course not!  That's so gross!  yuck...why would I put someone else's filth....menstral inside me??

No matter the sin, it stains us like menstral on a tampon.  After even a speck is put on it, it has lost its use.  So is sin on our hearts in God's eyes.  One lie taints us forever.  One little theft has created a speck.  It's sick to us to think of menstrating everywhere, but for God to think of sin is just as gross to Him.  We need to look at His perspective as best as we are able to. 

So, for those of you that keep questioning God's love in sending "good" people to Hell, instead reflect on His love for you in sparing you that fate.  We all have menstration on our hearts.  Our sin is SICK to God....but he paid the price to clean that bloody mess from our tampons.  Thank Him for that.  Instead of get upset at why "good" people are cast out, praise God that He saved you!  Our tampons are clean and usable because of Jesus.  As gross as that analogy is, it puts my mind in perspective to where God is coming from.  God is loving to save me...and because of Him I can be used instead of thrown away. 

Thank God for using you.  Not as a tampon, but as His beloved child.  We are precious in His sight and worthy of His presence because of Jesus...and that's the only way we can get the menstral out of our lives.  I don't care how "good" you are...without Jesus we all have the same fate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment