Saturday, January 28, 2012

God Desires You...

Sure, we hear this in Sunday school all the time...we sang the song "Jesus loves me."  We read about it, we hear about it...but do we really grasp it?  Of course we don't.  Why do I know this?

Because we go after other things to fill that love that God really wants to give us.  I'm talking about stuff down here that give us pleasure for the moment, and then it's ripped from us.  For some, it's always wanting a boyfriend (ladies, most if not all of us are that).  For others, it's feeling worth.  It's being good enough.  It's feeling like we belong.  It's about impressing our parents and peers.  Others want the stuff.  The most possessions you have, the bigger your house, the wider your flat-screen...you get the idea. 

"I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure.  My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor.  Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless..."  Ecclesiastes 2:10-11

There is more to life than what our eyes see down here.  Loving God and allowing God to really love you is an act of faith that we can't see with our earthly eyes.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see...By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."  Hebrews 11:1, 3

Ponder this of God...He made us out of nothing.  He spoke us into existence...out of nothing.  His words made us.  Powerful...mighty...awesome.

This God loves you.  No, He doesn't just say that.  He means it.  He doesn't sit in heaven and sing "I love Kat, yes I know, for my Bible tells her so."   This is my story...this is how God loves me...

"...just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned--"  Romans 5:12

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

"I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right.  No one repents of his wickedness, saying, 'What have I done?'  Each pursues his own course like a horse charging into battle...but my people do not know the requirements of the LORD."  Jeremiah 8:6-7

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son..." John 3:16

"We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him (Jesus) the iniquity of us all."  Isaiah 53:6

"'For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back.  In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you,' says the LORD your Redeemer...'So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again.  Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the LORD, who has compassion on you."  Isaiah 54:7-10

 "'Therefore, I am going to allure her;  I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her...In that day,' declares the LORD, 'you will call me "my husband"; you will no longer call me "my master."'"  Hosea 2:14, 16

We were created for more than this world.  You will keep seeking and seeking and filling your hearts with lies and deceit and things in this world that will only satisfy you a little.  Our nature wants it, and the evil one tells us that.  We were made for so much more.  We were made with that intimate unity with God in mind...with that desire that only He will fill. 

Don't keep running around Him.  Let Him fill your cup.  Give up everything that is meaningless, and I pray your hearts may see what that is soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment