Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Commitment

God has shown me that I have an issue with commitment.  Not necessarily how I thought I would, but lately there are things that I have really seen in me that I've neglected for numerous reasons. 

Over the years, I see that I have a hard time keeping up with people.  I haven't committed to my distanced relationships. 

I don't commit to things that I fear will fail.  Why would I work at something that isn't going to work out anyway?  Sadly, I really don't give this a chance to even work out.  I don't persevere through it to make it work out, even if God has laid the path before me to allow it to happen. 

I don't commit well to reading plans by committing to too many reading plans so I can't even keep going with one consistently. 

I ask for prayer with this.  I easily overload, and by doing so it's hard for me to soak in anything because I am focused on too many things. 

I don't want to be this girl anymore, and I am willing to let God change my heart so I persevere more through trials and don't curl up and give up when it doesn't seem to be working right away.  I feel this is better in some areas, but I want to be full of hope in His promises more and have peace in working through trials that need more effort on my part.  I don't want to be afraid to fail and appear lazy because of it. 

Thank you for your prayers in advance.  If you need prayers for anything I would love to pray for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment