Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Not About Me...

From the words of Jesus through the Gospel of John:

8:31-32= "To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'"

14: 27= "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as a world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

15:4-6="Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

Apart from Jesus, I can do nothing.  Why complain, why worry, why do I continue to bring myself into the mix of things?  Lately, I have failed miserably at this.  I keep doubting Jesus' amazing ability to pull me through anything He gives me.  Why do I doubt?  Why am I a Peter or a Thomas with little faith?  Jesus has brought me through times where I literally thought my heart was being ripped from my being.  I am going through another storm, but I still deny the God who called out to the storms and by His words alone calmed them.

Life is as life is...and I am sorry I get in the way of God's process.  I am the clay, and God is in the process of molding my life into something amazing!  Why should I get upset about this?  Why do I make it seem like I am a victim in God's amazing plan for my life?  I fail, but God always brings me back to Him. 

Yes, I should always bring my concerns up to prayer.  Alone I can do nothing, but through prayer I should make my requests made known to God.   

My challenge to myself and everyone else struggling with getting in the way of God's plan, step back.  Pray.  Ask for help.  Let God's calming words calm that storm inside of you.  Faith brought Peter on the water.  Faith brought salvation in your soul.  Strengthen your faith so that you too may allow yourself to completely let go, so God can fill you with the bread of life. 

Keep telling yourself, "It's not about me."  Because it really isn't.  Don't make yourself the victim.  If Jesus could keep lifting up God while leaving His own personal desires out of the mix like He did at the garden of Gethsemane, then shouldn't we be able to do the same...or at least try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment