Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Little Fall of Rain

So many times today, I prayed for release.  I had prayed for things to either resolve or just go away.  I prayed that my heart would just flee from whatever was causing this chaos.  If God wasn't going to do anything with this, I wanted it gone.  All day, I had been fighting within myself.  All day today, I had been lifting up countless times this conflict and concern in my heart...and even if for less than an hour....I got that relief.  

The rain pours down,
Each droplet splats against the ground. 
A run was needed today....
So why not run in the rain?

As I went outside,
Preparing for my usual route,
I was filled with peace
During a very hectic day.

Thoughts ran mad,
Distractions all day long. 
The rain hit my face...
And washed each care away.

I was soaked...
Soaked with peace. 
Soaked with a sense,
Of pure joy.

God was in the rain.
God was in the wind.
God was running down my face
And cleansing my heart within.

If my body let me,
My spirit would run forever. 

Find your release every day.  Flee from ungodliness and run after what God is showing you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment