Sunday, August 21, 2011

Personal Promises

"Standing, standing...standing on the promises of Christ my Savior.  Standing, standing, I'm standing on the promises of God." 

Romans 8:31
"If God be for us, who can be against us?"

Romans 8:28
"We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to your purpose." 

I Corinthians 10:13
"No trial has come to you but what is human.  God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it."

John 16:33
"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble, but take heart!  I have overcome the world."

I John 3:2
"Beloved, we are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed.  We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

Psalm 138:8
"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.  Do not forsake the world of your hands."


Ruth 3:18
"...'Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens.  For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today.'"

Jeremiah 29:13
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."


Heavenly Father, 
Thank you for these promises you give us God.  Thank you for encouraging me in so many areas that I need encouragement God.  I know that the testing of my faith develops perseverance, that I will be made complete, not lacking anything when I overcome these tests.  I know that you won't give me more than I can handle with you by my side.  I know God that someone is out there for me.  You aren't pushing me toward celibacy...thank you for that.  You continue to promise me with hidden messages in the lives of these women...you acknowledge ways I can be a better woman and how I should be interacting with my future husband.  I know he is out there.  I pray for him constantly...many times daily.  He won't rest...his heart won't be at ease until you allow him access to my heart.  I pray for that unity God...sooner than later.  Let our hearts combine because you want it God.  Not because anyone is pushing it, not because I can't be patient and try to take control of it myself...but because your timing is key.  I plead with you God, but I know that all things work out for good. 

Joshua 23:14
"Not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed.  Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed."

Psalm 27:14
"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."

Psalm 130:5
"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."

"So I wait, for you.  Yes I wait for you.  I'm falling on my knees.  Offering all of me.  Jesus you're all this heart is living for." 
"Take my life and let it be, consecrated all to thee." 
"I sing because I'm happy.  I sing because I'm free, for His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."

Proverbs 13:12
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."


Lord Jesus, King of kings....Father....Please fulfill these promises so that my hopes may blossom rather than weigh heavy.  

"I love you, all of my hope is in you.  Jesus Christ, take my life, take all of me."

Let this hope in my heart be as I pray it...it hasn't gone away.  Resist the devil and he will flee from you...make this hope a tree of life soon God.  Please.  I know you can do this.  For if I pray, pray without doubts.  

James 1:6-8
"But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."

Faith, hope, and love....and the greatest of these is love...

No comments:

Post a Comment