Saturday, April 14, 2012

Act on Your Divine Burdens

This post will be shorter with a challenge for all my readers. 

What's tugging your heart?  What has God put on your heart right now to do today?  Who is He putting on your heart to love on?  What do you see that hurts your heart...or better yet...God's heart?  Do you feel you need to do something about it?  Don't keep asking "What can little me do to this big problem?"  But rather, come to God asking "What little things can I do now?"  Some of us are called to change the world on a large scale, but most of us are called to make "small" changes that cause a ripple effect in the grand scheme of things.  Sometimes we see this huge problem and feel inadequate to make even a dent for God.  If we all thought this way, no dents would ever be made.   However, as a Body, if we all acted together as a unit, we can make a HUGE dent.  God can work wonders through us if we just allow ourselves to give in and act on the burdens He has given us. 

So, my friends, I say this mostly to myself, but also for everyone else out there.  Get out of your comfort zones.  God showed me tonight, on my ocean, a storm all around me...except I was unharmed in the eye of the storm.  I saw Jesus standing out a ways from me, in the crazy chaos of nature.  He was calling me to get out of my little tube of protection and march through the storm to him.  Get out of the eye of the storm.  Stop watching the chaos around you.  You each see something different, and your hearts tug differently.  I urge you all to step out of your tube of protection and let Jesus use you in the storms around you. 

I am praying for our country, and our world.  There is a lot of injustice out there.  There are lots of problems with us individually and as a nation.  It makes God hurt, and our hearts feel that through the burdens He grants us.  Join me.  I urge you, as my brothers and sisters in Christ, to actively join me in your prayer life and daily activities to pursue a change in our country.  We need it. 

I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment