Monday, March 14, 2011

Fighting Back

Spiritually worn.

Emotionally weakened.

Mentally sore.

Then you feel him...on your back...playing with your heart.

He's grabbing that weakness and tearing you up.

You are exhausted everywhere, and he noticed....he strikes.

You feel a breakdown....so you run...to pray.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."

You wield your sword, and attack.  For a moment, the hold on your heart is gone. 


You walk back out again...only to be struck down once more with a shear presence. 


Again you run to pray.  You pray hard, deep...


"I rebuke you Satan, for you are not focused on the things above in heaven, but the things of man."


You slash again, to shake free from his grip. 


You now seek community support, church leaders and guidance.  You can feel him linger as you desperately listen for advice. 


When no one is around, you turn on the radio...songs come up that you remember using the defeat Satan in your life previously.  "Voice of Truth" appears....and then you hear static.


"Satan, not this time!  Get away from me!!!"  ....Static is gone....


"The voice of truth, tells me a different story.  The voice of truth says do not be afraid.  The voice of truth says this is for my glory." 


I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment