Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wise Words of Paul for me Today

While I was working today, I had a good conversation with a co-worker during our lunch period.  She was talking to me about a discussion she had with a CNA on her floor about leading people to Christ and nourishing a new Christian.  My friend didn't agree with the CNA's approach, and started to tell me that this lady said you have to constantly ask for forgiveness of every sin or it will be counted against your salvation.  My friend disagreed and they ended up arguing about it. 

Anyway, her and I talked and reflected on the conflict, and I started to look up scripture to find in myself a solution to the argument...or at least I thought I was finding a solution to THIS problem.  I will just write down what Paul says in Chapter 8.  So many things popped out, I will just write his words and let you all reflect on this within your own lives:

Romans 8:25-31

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.  In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.  And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.  And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.  What, then, shall we say in response to this?  If God is for us, who can be against us?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment