Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fearing and Hearing

God has thrown songs and verses at me this week that just has made me so excited that I'm hearing it!
I am staying brief and to the point....trying something new.  =) 
Here are my daily bread verses I had this week, and the main messages I got outside that. 

9/18-Revalation 1:8-"I am the Alpha and the Omega..."
God is the beginning and the end, He is there now, He was there, and He will forever.  In my fearing God, this is a good reminder.
9/19-James 2:17-"In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by actions, is dead."
This was the Monday after my retreat...and God had told me to have more faith...this was an addition that I couldn't just believe I would get a job or get what I believe I would receive...but I had to act on that faith.  It won't just happen if I'm sitting around and only waiting. 
9/20-Revelation 22:12-"Behold, I am coming soon!  My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done."
This was for my elderly friend..it will be soon. 
9/21-Luke 11:1-4-Luke's version of the Lord's Prayer
I love the Lord's prayer...just a reminder. 
9/22-Luke 12:15-"Then he said to them, 'Watch out!  Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
God is breaking me from my financial comfort.  Time to cut back and think more ministry and necessity with money rather than personal gain and comfort. 
9/23-James 5:7-"Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming.  See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains."
Another verse for my elderly friend.  To elaborate briefly, the farmer is waiting for my friend's crop to yield all its valuables before the harvest.   
9/24-John 10:16-"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen.  I must bring them also.  They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd."
This is my favorite one...we did our pancake outreach, and it didn't work out like we planned.  We were seeking a certain group of people...but this verse coming up on this day made me feel so confident that those sheep weren't the ones you needed us to reach.  There were other sheep, and they heard your voice that night.  I believe it. 
9/25-Matthew 24:35-"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."
Everything you have told me this week and in the past will forever be in my heart...I don't have to doubt or question it anymore. I will try not to. When we hear your words, let's act and not question. 

I had been praying very hard for my elderly friend to find deliverance from her struggles and for God to take her home.  Now I realize that I need to keep this focus, but I need to be encouraging her that this struggle is making her complete.  This song has been popping up on the radio constantly, and I hadn't ever heard it this much in 2 days EVER.  So, God's telling me something...He's telling me what to tell her.

Stronger-Mandisa
Chorus: 
"When the waves are taking you under, hold on just a little bit longer.  He knows that this is going to make you stronger.
The pain ain't gonna last forever.  Things can only get better.  Believe me this is going to make you stronger."

I have so much else I can write about, but I am working on keeping my blogs shorter and more compact.  I challenge you to find one verse a day, whether it's in a devotion or randomly opening your Bible to one.  How is God using that verse for you today?  Ask Him, seek out the answer.  If you listen, He will tell you.  Don't hesitate, just do it.  You don't want to miss it if you're on the verge of a miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment