Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Need for Brokenness

Those that read my blog, I ask for prayer.  I would usually put these things on my other blog (which you should follow and add comments of prayer requests to so I can pray for you as well), but this time I want to address a personal prayer request on here. 

My spirit has been tried and tested greatly in so many ways these past few weeks.  I can almost feel God's hands around me, morphing me and molding me.  It hurts...a lot.  James says to take heart when I face trials of many kinds...and I assume he also means when they all hit at once. 

Here are a few things right now you can pray for me with.  Submitting without losing the heart of my worshiping, the multiple waiting processes I am going through (career and love life), and submitting myself completely with the absolute fear of God that I am intended to have.  Today I came before God and asked for Him to just break me.  Whatever it took, I want to be broken.  I am not afraid of the costs, I just want to be done with this struggle.   

Some have been around a few days, some weeks, and another for long and hard months...years.  I am being equipped for something amazing.  I just don't know what yet.  Right now it is a constant process that I haven't fully vocalized for prayer...I truly believe that if two or more are gathered in God's name in agreement, God is there as well.  I also believe that if multiple individuals come together in constant prayer that God hears that just as much and acts in POWERFUL ways.  I don't ever want to be having a pity party, but I want to address my requests before God and peers so that through prayer I can overcome any pride and weakness that is keeping me from doing God's plan. 

These three passages were in my daily woman's devotional.  It was needed for me, and it assures me that God knows exactly what I need to hear when I need to hear it. 

Isaiah 40:29-31
Acts 4:13
2 Corinthians 12:10

Just like Rehab turned from her prostitution and trusted God above her own mighty fortress of a city, I want to turn from my fortress of security and look to God's in more depth.  Thank you friends.  Prayer is amazing...please use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment