Sunday, July 3, 2011

Beloved to Her Lover

After being inspired by a few blogs and her own attempts to writing letters to God, I have decided to put all my thoughts in perspective and write a letter to my lover.  I felt it necessary to reflect for myself what God has been doing in me since my last relationship, and focus really on what God has been putting on my heart.   

Dear Lover,
      Your Beloved waits in anticipation for you to ride in on your noble steed...or maybe a miniature pony.  Anyway, however you enter my life, I am preparing myself for you to become one with me.
      As I was growing up, I really sought after you.  I really wanted to meet you.  I would write love poems, waiting for you.  I would also write sad, lonely poems when you haven't arrived yet.  I didn't know my own worth, and figured that I was all alone because I wasn't good enough, skinny enough, pretty enough...heck...I didn't think I had any beauty.  I needed a man to make me feel beautiful.
     That was a lie!  I don't need a man to tell me I am beautiful when God shows me my worth every day.  But, I still yearn for your touch, your embrace, your kiss.  I still wait for you.  Not as a woman broken and beaten, but as a woman who knows her worth.  I am a woman who understands that God sacrificed for me, and that I was worth the cross.
     I am a warrior.  I will eagerly seek out spiritual battles for others and engage the Spirit in me when I can.  I will rebuke Satan in the name of Jesus Christ.  I will fight along side you and support you.
     I am a princess...the daughter of a King.  Dressed in God's Holiness and Salvation.  I am waiting patiently for my prince to come and romance me under the stars...in the peace and quiet.
     I am an adventurer, seeking the majesty and excitement in God's creation.  Storms excite me, and there is no more proof of God's power and wrath today than an F5 tornado, ripping across the Earth.
     I am a mother.  I seek those that need nourishing and direction.  I guide who the Spirit brings to me as He reveals it.  I delight in watching growth.
     I am your servant, but not your slave.  I am here to support you, submit to you, and respect you, but I am not the scum in you toes.  I will help lift you up, remind you that you can do it and you are good enough.  I will point to the Bible to remind you of what God did to lowly men.  I will nurse your kids, love your spirit, and work with your family.
     I will point to Jesus as best and often as I can, and do my best to be the Eve that God intended when creation occurred.  Being taken and made from Adam's rib, I will do my best to be a woman that stays as close to your heart as I can.
     Until I meet you or realize who you are, I will keep preparing myself and allowing God to mold me more so you can receive a true beauty from God's own making.

                                                                     With love, devotion, and dedication,
                                                                     Your Beloved,
                                                                     Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment