Friday, July 15, 2011

Inner Struggles and Development

"Soldier, get up.  You need to keep going." 

"I can't...I can't move on...not after that." 

"Don't worry about back there...you did everything you could.  No one knew that an army of 5x our size was going to run over those hills and attack us with brute force." 

"I barely got through that...we almost died...I can't move on.  Let's take a break...I really need to rest." 

"All right soldier.  We'll find shelter so you can at least take a breath, but we need to keep moving.  We can't run and hide." 

"I will do my best." 

The two soldiers slowly make their way toward the nearest ally camp, only to find it in ruins. 

"I can't believe this...I needed that recharge...now what do I do?"

*BANG*  The dirt a few inches from their feet flies up and clouds around their stained army boots.  "We have to move!  They're coming back!"

"Dang...I can't do this!"

Both soldiers run and find cover while they load their guns with ammo.  "I am almost out of bullets, my body is throbbing all over in pain, and I can't find a decent resting place anywhere in this chaos..."

"Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger...now let's move!"   Both soldiers continued to move and avoid all the close shots the enemy was laying out to them.  Finally, one soldier gave up.  "I can't keep running.  My body can't take it.  I give up.  I am going to run, hide, and let it all just happen."  

"What are you talking about soldier?  You can't give up!  You have to keep fighting through it all." 
*BANG*  His vision goes blurry as he watches the figure of his partner stare him down and limp away...he heard a thud in the dirt feet away from him. 

"...he shot me.  He shot me in the bloody leg!"  Furry raged inside this betrayed soldier.  "He freakin' shot me so he could just run away...coward!"  He continued to hear the thunderous approach of his enemy, and forced himself to get up despite his injuries.  He had to move on or he would die too. 

Suddenly he saw another soldier in his same uniform.  This man appeared lifeless, but his gaze was enough to catch the soldier's attention.  "Please...I need help."

Reflecting on his own injuries, the soldier reluctantly aided the man in dire need and together they escaped the hands of the enemy.  The soldier left the field very worn and physically beaten, but he had reached a new level or warrior today.  If he didn't rise to the challenge, he would not have progressed and strengthened his being.  He had graduated from being a soldier to being a hero. 

All throughout the fight, this strong soldier was beaten down with verbal, physical, and emotional distress that would have for sure caused him to fall into the hands of his enemy...but he did not give up.  He rose to the challenge and fought.  He kept going...just as this soldier, don't ever give up.  The race of Christianity is not just a race to the finish line...it's a race for your life.  Don't lose it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment