Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Little Humor

I found this funny, and I wanted to share this.  To me, it was quite interesting.

I had Chinese food for lunch today, and my fortune cookie read, "Attend to business another day, nurture your love life."  My reaction...laughter.  I thought to myself "Hmm... this is interesting...I wonder what part of my love life we're talking about here...I could see many options to 'nurture' my love life.

So, my next step to answering this fortune?  I went to my Proverbs chapter of the day.  Low and behold, I got a kick out of what I read.  Chapter 26, verse 6 "Like cutting off one's feet or drinking violence is the sending of a message by the hand of a fool."

So, my fortune wasn't accurate.  Proverbs told me that.  I will listen to that instead of a cookie any day.   I thought it was funny though.  And, I guess if I had a love life, I'd be nurturing it.  However, I do not....yet.  It's a promise from God though to me.

Will I be a Sarah, who takes that promise into her own hands because she wasn't patient enough, or a Ruth who waits for her kinsman redeemer to act?  ...is that supposed to be a hard question?

Is this a hard question for you?  Do you refer to the Bible to get your true answers of what to do with life?  Don't let a fortune cookie lead you where God is trying to lead you instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment